From Jam Jenkins
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- Jam Jenkins, Evelyn Brannock, Thomas Cooper, Sonal Dekhane, Mark Hall, and Michael Nguyen. 2012. Perspectives on active learning and collaboration: JavaWIDE in the classroom. In Proceedings of the 43rd ACM technical symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE '12). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 185-190.
- Brian Ladd, Jam Jenkins. Introductory Programming with Simple Games: Using Java & the Freely Available Networked Game Engine, 1st ed. Textbook published by Wiley & Wiley. March 2010
- Sonal Dekhane, Nannette Napier, Kristine Nagel and Jam Jenkins. Beyond Computer Literacy: Designing and Assessing IT Fluency. 2009 International Conference on Frontiers in Education: Computer Science. FECS 2009, July 13-16, 2009, Las Vegas Nevada, USA
- Jam Jenkins, Sonal Dekhane, Nannette Napier, Jim Rowan, Brian Ladd. JavaWIDE - the Java Wiki Integrated Development Environment. 40th SIGCSE Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (Chattanooga, Tennessee, March 04 - March 07, 2009). SIGCSE '09 Poster Session.
- Jam Jenkins and Carla Ellis. Using Ground Reaction Forces from Gait Analysis: Body Mass as a Weak Biometric. Fifth International Conference on Pervasive Computing. Toronto, Canada. May 2007. (pdf)
- Jam Jenkins and Robert Duvall. Integrating Video Games into CS1. 2nd Annual Microsoft Academic Days Conference on Game Development Poster Session. Orlando, Florida, February 2007.
- Jam Jenkins. Weakly Identifying System for Doorway Monitoring. Duke Fontiers Poster Session. May 2006. (pdf)
- Jam Jenkins. Teaching Computer Programming and Applied Elementary Mathematics & Physics Using Video Games as Simulations. 3rd annual Hawaii International Conference on Statistics, Mathematics and Related Fields. Honolulu, Hawaii, June 2004. (pdf)
- JavaWIDE - the Java Wiki Integrated Development Environment, a tool to program in Java online without installing any software
- FANG Engine - the Freely Available Networked Gaming Engine, a networked multiplayer 2D Java video game engine designed to teach introductory computer programming, networking, simulations, and software engineering.
- Keystroke Grabber - a basic problem in keystroke recognition is the lack of a common database and framework for comparing different keystroke recognition performance. This project is aimed at developing a common framework and corresponding database of keystrokes by which different systems may be compared.
- Shape Launcher - a video game developed to investigate motivations of children of women who have had anorexia nervosa
- SAFTI - the System Architecture For Tracking Individuals, dissertation research
- WISDOM - the Weakly Identifying System for Doorway Monitoring, dissertation research Featured on the Discovery Channel Technology News.
- Feature Added Branch Predictor in Multilevel Pipeline - a computer architecture course project using neural networks to predict branching
- Implementing Efficient Peer-to-Peer Keyword Searching - a networking and distributed systems course project for distributing searches
- Swap Neighborhood Structure for the 5-TSP - visualization of the limits of the swap move in the odd-TSP
- Java 3D Simplex Tutorial - visualization and interactive tutorial of the simplex method
- Java Whiteboard System (JAWS) - a visual chat program
- Spring 2010 ITEC2120: Introduction to Programming, Georgia Gwinnett College
- Spring2010 ITEC4900: Internship, Georgia Gwinnett College
- Fall 2009 ITEC2120: Introduction to Programming, Georgia Gwinnett College
- Fall 2009 ITEC2150: Intermediate Programming, Georgia Gwinnett College
- Spring 2009 ITEC2150: Intermediate Programming, Georgia Gwinnett College
- Fall 2008 ITEC2120: Introduction to Programming, Georgia Gwinnett College
- Fall 2008 ITEC2150: Intermediate Programming, Georgia Gwinnett College
- Summer 2008 ITEC2120: Introduction to Programming, Georgia Gwinnett College
- Spring 2008 ITEC2110: Digital Media, Georgia Gwinnett College
- Spring 2008 ITEC2120: Introduction to Programming, Georgia Gwinnett College
- Fall 2007 ITEC1001: Introduction to Computing, Georgia Gwinnett College
- Spring 2007 CS130: Introduction to Computing, Western Carolina University
- Spring 2007 CS363: Software Development, Western Carolina University
- Spring 2007 CS493: Biometrics, Western Carolina University
- Fall 2006 CS130: Introduction to Computing, Western Carolina University
- Fall 2006 CS150: Problem Solving and Programming, Western Carolina University
- Fall 2006 CS495: Senior Capstone, Western Carolina University
- Developed course materials for CPS4: Java for Video Games - an introductory programming course for non-majors and potential majors with no prior programming experience. This course is part of the Fall 2006 Game2Know Focus Program.
- 2005-2006 Duke TiP eStudies Java for Video Games
- Spring 2004 CPS4: Java for Video Games - an introductory programming course for non-majors
- Summer 2001-present Duke Talent Identification Program (TiP) Java for Video Games
- Collaboration & Fun in CS1 (click to view slides), keynote address at the Computing Commons Collaboration Conference, Marietta, GA, Feb 26, 2011
- Games as a Broad Introduction to Computer Science - a presentation at the College Board's Advanced Placement Annual Conference, Washington D.C., July 16-17, 2010
- Innovative Tools for Collaboration & Game Programming: JavaWIDE & the FANG Engine - a day long workshop for Gwinnett, GA area high school teachers, April 8, 2010
- JavaWIDE: Innovation in an Online IDE - a presentation for the Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges South Central Region Workshop on April 23, 2010, and Mid South Region Tutorial on March 26, 2010
- JavaWIDE - the Java Wiki Integrated Development Environment - a presentation at the College Board's Advanced Placement Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX, July 17-18, 2009
- Java Fun & Games with JavaWIDE and the FANG Engine - an interactive presentation for Leadership Gwinnett's Education Day, January 14, 2009
- Java Video Game Programming in High Schools: Using the FANG Engine and JavaWIDE - a day long workshop for Gwinnett, GA area high school teachers, March 10, 2008
- Using the FANG Engine to Teach CS1 - a workshop at Special Interest Group in Computer Science Education (SIGCSE) on March 12, 2008 in Portland, Oregon. Presented with Robert Duvall and Joseph Farfel.
- Using the FANG Engine to Teach Java Programming - a tutorial at the Digital Game Xpo, June 22, 2007
- Electronic Gaming - an invited workshop at Western Carolina University's Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Faire, April 2, 2007
- Java for Interactive Realtime Simulations - given at the Visualization Friday Forum April 2, 2004
- Syzygy: a Framework for Distributing VR Applications - given at the Visualization Friday Forum April 11, 2003
- Advanced Placement Reader for Computer Science, Summer 2010
- Introduction to Programming Course Coordinator, 2009 - current
- Software Development Goal Team Member, 2009-current
- Special Interest Group in Computer Science Education (SIGCSE) Reviewer, 2008-current
- Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education (ITiCSE) Reviewer, 2008
- Hiring Committee Member, 2008-09
- Integrated Educational Experience/General Education Information Technology Goal Team Member, 2008-current
- Educational Technology Member, 2008-09
- Introduction to Computing Proficiency Exam Task Force Chair, 2007-08
- Information Technology Goal Team Member, 2007-2009
- Integrated Educational Experience/General Education Critical & Creative Thinking Goal Team Member, 2007-08
- Introduction to Computing Assessment Coordinator, 2007
- This page was last modified on 31 October 2011, at 02:39.
- This page has been accessed 132,145 times.
- About Jam Jenkins
- Powered by MediaWiki!